Tuesday 19 March 2013

Bankrupt San Bernardino looks to privatise libraries?

In San Bernardino, California, library opening hours have been slashed and full time staff forced to go part time in an attempt to keep libraries open in the face of severe budget cuts due to the city facing bankruptcy. The city council is also seeking quotes from private firms interested in running it's library services and LSSI have been named.
 
The city will also look at outsourcing library services by seeking bids from potential operators. Those include the county library system and LSSI, a private firm that operates several libraries including Riverside County's.
 

3 comments:

  1. Good afternoon,
    I am a US graduate student working on a project concerning my local library, its "Friends" foundation, and the programs they run to stay relevant in the community. I am interested in your perspective on this subject. Please feel free to mosey on over to my blog (www.amelianj.wordpress.com) or email me at thatch24@students.rowan.edu if you have any interest in answering some questions for my project. Thank you for your time.
    -Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, I've emailed you to say that i would be happt to answer any questions

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this. Great list Thanks for sharing with us.
    Click Here..

    ReplyDelete